These are books that I read in 2010, not necessarily books that were published in 2010. They are in no particular order.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – The dialog and characterization in The Help were authentic and engrossing. I was emotionally invested in each of the women’s lives and hated turning the last page of this novel.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro – I fell in love with Ishiguro’s writing style and the way this novel features normal people dealing with extraordinary circumstances.
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan – This string of related short stories was the most surprisingly good book I read this year. I’m really excited to read her other books.
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy – McCarthy is one of the most amazing living authors today. I have a total brain crush on him.
- Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss – Who knew that I (the lover of sparse prose) would love a doorstopper epic fantasy? I can’t wait until March 1st when Wise Man’s Fear comes out. If my brain crush is McCarthy, my fictional character crush is Kvothe.