This year, I’m going to post monthly fitness reports. Here’s the first one:
- Miles ran: 42
- Swimming meters: 8,593
- Core fitness workouts: 4
- Lower body workouts: 3
- Yoga sessions: 4
- Pounds lost or gained: 1.2 LOST 🙂
- I FINALLY lost some weight. In my sixth month of running, I started losing pounds. It’s a good thing my motivation to run wasn’t for weight loss because I would have stopped running months ago. I don’t know what to attribute it to, but I did do more cross-training. We are also eating in a lot more and eating a huge salad with dinner every night.
- This month I learned that I cannot push myself so hard with running or I will hurt myself. Balance is key.
- I had hoped to do more strength training and yoga than I did this month so my goal is to increase both of those in February. One thing I found that will help me to do more yoga is the free Yoga Journal podcasts on iTunes. They are between 20 and 30 minutes each (instead of the 45 minutes for the iTrain ones I have) so I will be able to fit in more sessions of yoga. I’m thinking of getting up early enough to do a session a few days a week. It’s really nice that they concentrate on one area of the body so you really stretch that part. So far the shoulder opening and hip opening ones have been really good.
- I plan to continue swimming at least once a week, and I hope to buy a bike sometime before spring. That will be good for cross-training when it’s not so cold outside. Running in the cold is one thing, but cycling seems like it would be very cold with the wind you create by riding.
- This month I also have the Virginia is for Lovers 14K on 2/13 so I’m looking forward to that one. My leg seems to be doing well so I should be able to run the whole thing. I might just walk through the water stops.
Here’s a picture of bad-ass me after a 7 mile run in the snow we got this past weekend.