Rather than do a separate post for my reading, exercising, etc goals this year, I will do one post to rule them all. So here goes:
- Do not sign up for any reading challenges. Reading is for FUN. Keep it that way.
- Do not read more than two books in a row by any author. Variety is the spice of life!
Running/Workout Goals. These came about due to sloppy training and a slight injury I’ve been dealing with for a week now. My right IT band (runs from your outer hip to your knee) has been really tight and was causing pain for a few days last week. I think the problem was due to not enough cross-training, strenth training, or stretching and ramping up my weekly mileage too fast. Swimming, yoga, and strength training this week have helped it feel a lot better. I will try to run again next week. At least I picked a really cold week to be doing indoor workouts.
- Do IT Band stretches every day so I can keep running without injury.
- Swim, elliptical, or bike twice a week.
- Aim to do strength training 2-3 days a week, incoporating core, lower body, and upper body work.
- Yoga once or twice a week.
- Write my workout schedule in my calendar every week to make sure I fit everything in.
- Make my house feel more like a home by decorating and organizing.
- Take more pictures.
- Visit my friends in Raleigh more. I only went once this year, and that was not enough.
What are your goals? I’m not calling them resolutions because they are not empty promises that I will give up on by February (like the people crowding my gym right now).