For those of you who did not read my blog when I was over at Vox, my husband and I recently purchased a house. Here it is:
Now that we have been living there for about three months, I really want to start making it feel more like a home. My plan is to get things organized and then to start making things feel cozy room by room.
Yesterday – with the help of the Gleeful Podcast and several episodes of This American Life on my iPod – I finally unpacked the last two boxes in our bedroom and got all of my clothes organized. They were just put away wherever they would fit after we moved in since I was exhausted from the moving process.
Here is my To Do List for getting the house organized. I will make a separate page of this list on the blog when I have time to make it look pretty and add pictures of the rooms. When I’m done with this list (ha ha, if it ever happens) I’ll start on the “making the house pretty” list.
- Finish organizing closets.
- Find a way to organize jewelry and other stuff on vanity.
Craft Room / Office:
- Unpack the last few boxes of stuff.
- Find shelves for fabric and crafty books.
- Organize sewing cabinet.
- Go through plastic drawers and file box and throw junk out.
Second Guest Room (The Pink Room):
- Unpack boxes.
Converted Garage / Family Room:
- Unpack the huge pile of boxes that we pretend are not there.
- Find nice bookshelves to replace the crappy MDF ones.
- Put the replacement cabinet door on where I broke the old one.
- Put everything away that does not belong in the living room.