- We move into our house next Wednesday.
- I'm off today for working tomorrow, and I need to finish packing up the kitchen. I have instead been procrastinating by playing online and reading.
- I'm currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, which is so far boring me to tears. The writing is pretty good, and I like the main character, but it moves so slowly that I just can't enjoy it that much. This should be a good example of how much I don't want to pack the kitchen. It's not like I'm reading a book because I really love it. This one is for book club so I have to persevere even though I normally would have taken it back to the library by now (150 pages into a 560 page book).
- I did a craft program for summer reading this week. The kids made paper plate masks. They loved it, but one mother and her daughter came to my table and sat there working on their mask for an hour and a half. They stayed until we were cleaning up the room at the end of the program. The daughter was hogging all the supplies, and her mom didn't care. I had to reign her in, which is not my job, especially if the parent is sitting right there.
- I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well done.
- I should be getting a promotion soon. Cross your fingers for me.
- I bought some mango tangerine sorbet from Trader Joe's, and it is awesome.
- OK, the kitchen really needs to be packed so I'll put a DVD on and get to it now.