From dewitte and Rogue.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper because I like to make it look really nice with a ribbon tied around it. I will use bags if I’m in a hurry or if something looks dumb wrapped (usually I’ll try to find a box it will fit in).
2. Real tree or artificial? I’ve had both. Right now it’s an artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? This year, it was the week after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Very soon after New Year’s if not before. I’m usually read for the season to end when it’s over.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love it a little too much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my bike. I used that a lot as a kid.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, I’m atheist/jew so I’m totally a consumer-based Christmukkah person. No Jesus involved. Sorry if that offends.
8. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be my dad, but we’ve had some good ideas in the last few years. Since he’s retired, there are more “fun” things that he can enjoy with all his free time.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My best friend. We know each other so well that I’m always seeing things that she would like.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Can’t think of one. My mom told my cousin to give me clothes one year for Hanukkah. So when my cousins opened their Barbie dream houses, I opened clothes. Not fun for me.
11. Mail or email Christmas card? I never send cards.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Love, Actually, Christmas in Connecticut, Miracle on 34th Street, Holiday Inn
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started the weekend before last. That’s pretty typical.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, cake, ham, collards. Everything.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, but I’m thinking about getting the big retro colored lights next year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby, it’s cold outside, All I Want for Christmas, and Where are you Christmas.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Since both of our families live in different states from us, we travel. It’s NY this year.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? No
20. Do you have an angel on top or a star? Nothing.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. And of course at night for Hanukkah.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People in my Facebook friends who joined the group, “Put the CHRIST back in CHRISTmas.” Sorry if that applies to anyone in my Vox hood. It’s lame. Make your religion more private if you don’t want others to use it as an excuse to exchange gifts. You don’t see people eating chocolate Moseses at Passover time.