What books did you love as a child?
Submitted by hearts.
- All Dr. Seuss books, especially The Cat in the Hat.
- Shel Silverstein – Where the Sidewalk Ends
- All of Richard Scarry's Busytown books – I loved looking for the gold bug.
- As I've mentioned before, Beverly Cleary's Ramona series is the reason I love to read today.
- I read Jacob Have I Loved in a few hours one afternoon.
- I also loved the Berenstein Bears books, but there were no pictures with those on amazon.
Now, for the books I loved as a young adult:
- R.L. Stine – I really liked all of the Fear Street books, but I especially loved the Fear Street Saga that is about these women who are witches during the time of the Salem Witch Trials. I just found out when looking for the book on Amazon.com that there are three more of these out since I was reading them. I am SO going to read those ASAP. It's, uh, research for Library School…
- I loved the Babysitter's Club series, especially the one Super Special where they get snowed in. It actually might be called Snowed In, but I'm too lazy to find it right now.
- Oh, Jessica and Elizabeth, I spent many afternoons with you, thinking that life in California must be perfect. I don't know many girls who didn't read these. I actually made a family of two sisters in The Sims 2 recently and named them Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield. I am SUCH a dork. There was a Sweet Valley Saga series that I really enjoyed. One about the histories of each side of their family.
- Nancy Drew books were awesome. I wanted to be her so badly. She was perfect in every way. One of these took place in a rock quarry, and I now equate quarries with murder. I know I'm strange.